Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Memphis? Generally, you have three significant sectors of your residence for video surveillance: your front door, the outside perimeter, and select interior spaces. Even though your security installer can suggest where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Protect Your Front Door
While it may seem crazy that a burglar would try to simply stroll through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions occur at this passageway. There are also porch pirates among other dangers to think about. A doorbell camera is perfect to tackle these types of concerns with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you have the ability to speak with all guests who walk up and press the button. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to all engagements with two-way communications and real-time footage and give the impression you’re on site. When someone does try to do something nefarious, you can have your camera record a clip and send it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras outside your residence is often a difficult undertaking. Fortunately, there are a handful of recommendations to make sure your property is well protected.
- Cameras at the corners of your Memphis house offer an impressive field-of-view, letting you see two sections of your yard.
- Position underneath an eave or directly into a bit of trim or siding are excellent options for cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing entryway for intruders than you may know!
- Over a deck or rear door -- or any entryway not visible from the street.
For each installation, be sure to prune any overgrown plants or trees that may block the camera’s view.
Recommendations To Get The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Memphis. But the additional versatility does mean there are additional aspects to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should ensure your windows are down and latched, the sunlight that enters via a window may cast a glare on your video recording. Point the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to circumvent this issue.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Similar to a guard tower, a surveillance device installed in a higher spot will produce a broader view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or affixed to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your video equipment won’t be able to protect you if anything happens to it. Install your security cameras in a spot where little ones and house pets have no ability to tamper with them. You might consider mounting or a different method to secure them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The greatest video camera won’t help you much if there is a decorative item or plant blocking the view. However, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to cloak your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (901) 250-6841 or submit the form below to get started.