Not so long ago, your security system components were restricted to where wiring could be placed. You didn’t have the option of putting a security camera on a countertop or managing your components with a cell phone. With that being said, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless systems. You now have an array of additional perks at your disposal -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and easy installs. Wireless home security systems in Memphis will safeguard your home while adding convenience to your life.
Things To Think About If You Go Wireless
First and foremost, wireless home security systems require a stable connection to the internet to operate correctly. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a decent wireless router, you’re on the right path for a wireless setup.
If you’re worried about the internet going down or the loss of power, explore systems that have cellular and battery backups available to keep you connected to your monitoring team at all times.
When you reside in an area without dependable internet or cellular coverage, a wired configuration will probably be better. Or It could also benefit you financially to opt for the traditional route if you relocate to a home that currently has wiring for security components installed.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Memphis will elevate your family’s protection, which is the main objective to start with. However, if you like the idea of having the most advanced features, consider these benefits of wireless:
- Access from any location: Enjoy access to all the components in your house from your locking systems to your security cameras from your smartphone utilizing the ADT Control app. You have the ability to view who’s at the front door, activate your connected lights, and even arm your system if you forgot to do so. Whenever an emergency takes place, you may have alerts dispatched directly to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: You no longer need to worry about the endless wiring, drywall damage, and long installs. One of the best aspects of wireless devices is that you may put them practically in any location and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you wish to add on sometime in the future with the latest equipment, integrating elements into your system is simple.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless technology makes interactions between devices possible with quick, bi-directional communications. You may direct your system to act in specific situations to enhance your protection and discourage break-ins. For instance, if your outside surveillance detects odd activity on your property, it can automatically signal your interior lighting to activate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Memphis
Even though wireless home security systems in Memphis have shown to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about installing one. Let’s take a look at a handful of the common concerns:
- Battery-powered wireless devices might run out of power. Although this could happen, your smart devices will alert you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors typically should be positioned within a set distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders for some packages to increase your versatility.
- Like other computer networks, the threat of getting hacked persists. You can take action to prevent this by utilizing secure passwords, always changing default configurations, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only employ security components with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Call Your Security Experts
Are you ready to take advantage of Memphis wireless home security? Contact us at (901) 250-6841 to consult with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the most suitable package for your residence.