How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Memphis
You know you need to defend your home. Above all else, it’s where your family lives and is where you have all of your valuables. But what is the right form of home secuirty? Whether or not to get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the leading choices you need to make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Memphis and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home’s defense connects to a third-party monitoring service that is ready to provide help at any moment. When a window sensor activates or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring agents get a prompt alert. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and dispatch the appropriate emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with a backup team. You can consider this option as self-monitored, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you need to respond to resolve it. This option is the less expensive alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Memphis
Here’s a short breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup on your side is always smart. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without access to your smartphone, your home and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response times: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll react faster to emergencies than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems may make you eligible for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Top-of-the-line components and flawless integration: By getting tools, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security expert, you will gain access to a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to get your system installed professionally: Numerous residents would prefer to have work done by qualified technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Required to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation may be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Memphis
Here’s a short overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: Some may consider this a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an extra charge. Others might wish to use an experienced technician.
- More Flexibility: You are able to integrate devices when you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. However, you may find integrating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You have complete control: There won’t be a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you’re away from your phone and don’t get a security notification? This situation will generate more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the only one in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need help during an install, you may have to hire a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Memphis
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Memphis from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the right solution for your family. Call (901) 250-6841 today to get started.