How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Memphis
Security cameras can easily be installed as a hindrance—a display that tells burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Fortunately, modern security cameras are armed with an array of additions all designed to deliver total protection for your home. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these additions enable you to get the most from security cameras in Memphis.
How To Set Up Your Memphis Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is installing the components in the right spots around your house. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common areas such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart move to set a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to move around to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should afford a clear sightline of your porch, drive, front and yards, garage, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. Then access a view of your main entryway with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your home that are less vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Seclusion for you and your visitors ought to be a primary concern before installing a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Security Cameras
Component placement is only the beginning in getting the most out of home security cameras in Memphis. The features shown below help to elevate security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your phone whenever unusual motion is detected. You can also program cameras to start recording when movements are detected which helps boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your home security cameras to record and store clips for easy viewing later.
- Two-way audio: Most of current security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually speak to guests through the unit. Via your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside or welcome your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a camera can see, and gives you a more exhaustive look at any space. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that are able to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that will capture footage of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the flexibility to protect specific spots within your living space.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and overlook traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send timely alerts when the sense unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Memphis is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security is elevated from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (901) 250-6841 or submit the form below to start personalizing your home security and camera system today.