How Can Geofencing In Memphis Integrate With Home Security?
Modern smart security solutions are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Even so, you may still neglect to perform easy security tasks like arming your a security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these things in the future? With geofencing in Memphis, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Memphis For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your house, which you are able to customize within your cell phone app. This modern home security option then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices use to communicate with each other. The technology assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto a single network. You can then set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur as you cross the specified border.
For instance, as soon as you pull away from your driveway, you could set your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will inform your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are several of the devices you can command with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics including speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your home security system in Memphis. When you download the mobile app, you have the ability to do a lot with smart home automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to activate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to dim to signal that it's bedtime, or deactivate your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific components engage based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to activate the connected fan if the CO detector trips. Or switch on your hallway lighting when your security camera notices abnormal activity outside.
● Customize scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Make your lighting turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Memphis
Whether you’re looking for additional reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (901) 250-6841 or submit the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.