What features do you need in a baby monitor in Memphis?
In years past, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You place a a device with a built-in microphone in close proximity to the crib, transmitting sound to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. However, baby monitors now offer many more features. For instance, many monitors now include high-definition video feeds and two-way talk. You may even connect your monitors to your wireless network so you may move around throughout your home. The latest baby monitors in Memphis are so sophisticated that they resemble indoor security cameras in both features and cost.
Would you swap out a baby monitor with a home security camera?
Since baby monitors and surveillance systems share comparable functionality, you will find quite a few parents in Memphis integrating their child’s bedroom to their home security system. So it makes sense -- particularly if you have to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor now has:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your surveillance system should have at minimum 1080p HD resolution, and infrared LED technology for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● Two-direction audio: Sometimes, you don't need to go inside the bedroom to get your baby back to a restful state. A comforting word could be all you need to keep bundle of joy sleeping.
● Motion sensors: While it’s an option to have your surveillance system continuously keep a close eye on your child, your own alertness may start to lag. But if your camera detects anything unusual, it can be programmed to send a text alert to your mobile device. This is helpful when your adventurous newborn silently tries to climb up the crib or when your family dog noses into the space.
● Save and send recordings: The majority of baby monitors aren’t able to save the video. Now you have the ability to deliver a 20-second clip to friends or family members to show them what a peaceful, precious baby you have.
● Smartphone access: As an alternative to carrying an external monitor wherever you go, you are now able to watch from your smart home mobile app. You might even touch base with your child and sitter if you’re lucky enough to have an evening away.